Monday, July 8, 2013

Water Issues

Well tomorrow will be 3 weeks since we closed and we are settling in nicely. We have had a few issues arise with the house. On Saturday as we were giving a tour of the house to some family, we noticed a big puddle of water in the basement!! I felt around and the insulation is soaked and it seems to be coming from either the front hose bib or the main water from the street. We called the emergency plumber line and I explained what was going on and that I didn't think they needed to send someone out on a Saturday. They were already coming out Monday for our sump pump drain issues, so I figured they could take care of it then. I just wanted to make them aware before they showed up Monday morning.
Today they showed up and sure enough we were right it seems to be coming from the hose bib. They are guessing that the sealing wasn't done properly. They are going to come back and fix it but they need to wait till the ground dries up some more all this rain has caused the ground to be too wet.
Another issue that we have is the Solarium floor is not flat! When they were building the house the framers cut the holes for the skylights way before installing them. We had some awful rain and the floor got soaked! I knew this was going to be a problem but our PM assured us that it would dry and be fine. At our walkthrough I brought it up again because I could feel the hills in the floor and you can actually see them! They are sending someone out Wednesday morning to rip up the floor and fix it.
We have already started our list and begun placing blue tape on the areas that need touch ups. We are supposed to have our 30 day walkthrough with the SR next week. I know that meeting is going to be fun especially since we aren't talking to each other and she is causing so much trouble for me but we will see how things go.
Overall we are very happy with the house and our list is pretty minor so far we are missing a few screens, some hinges are brass that should be brushed nickel, some paint touch ups and stain issues and some grouting is cracking and needs to be re done. The only major issues are being taken care of already, but we are using this next week to make sure we have everything written down so we can get it taken care of at once.
We have also done quite a bit of work outside and the front of the house no longer looks like the standard builders landscaping! It looks great I will get some pictures up tomorrow of all the changes we have made these last few weeks.

11 comments:

  1. First off congrats on getting settled. Second call her manager and discuss her performance and ask to be given a new SR. You shouldn't be reading with she who will not be named. I net corporate would like to know what has been going on, and maybe you can save the next family from dealing with her. I'm glad you are still blogging but you shouldn't have to change things because of her. Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried and the builder doesn't seem to care. If it wouldn't cause my broker problems I wouldn't have gone to all this trouble but I just don't want him to have to deal with her

      Delete
    2. Fair enough and how horrible. At least you don't have to deal with her much more.

      Delete
    3. I know only have to see her at our 30 day and 10 month touch ups!

      Delete
  2. Hey girl Im glad your back! Im so sorry for everything your going through with her sounds like she is really giving you drama and greif. It is good to know that things are going well with the house and things are getting fixed in a timely manner. Make sure you have some backup with you on the 30 day meeting LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAH so funny because I told K it better be done when he is home, because if she can lie about what I wrote on a blog that I have proof of who knows what she will come up with if I am alone in a room with her! But no really I am trying to be the bigger person and move on from her drama.

      Delete
  3. hello again! Sorry about the SR issues!! Hopefully everything will be fixed soon. Don't the SR's know they are here to serve us? How can they treat the people who are paying their salary so bad??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they seem to be good about getting things fixed fast. I have no clue what some of these SR;s think it baffles me.

      Delete
  4. hey S & K!!! I'm glad you changed your blog and hopefully "you know who" will keep out of this. Man! she sounds horrible.

    Anyway, I'm glad you are settling in, and sorry about the issues you are having, but as long as they are fixing all the issues in timely manner you should be good. Well that's what we care about after all....right?!
    Can't wait for the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yes that's all I care about is just getting it right!

      Delete
  5. It's probably best that you told them ahead of time about the hosebib issue. I find it better to be proactive so you don't get a contractor giving you the run around of "I only came out here to do ..." or "I have another appointment after this".

    Good to hear that they're taking care of you! I'll try following your blog eventually. Blogger keeps giving me error messages no matter how I try to follow it.

    ReplyDelete