Monday, July 8, 2013

June 26, 2013


 

Hi everyone, I cant believe its already been 8 days since we closed. We have been very busy and are so happy with the house. After we painted the kids rooms, Wednesday we picked up the moving truck and started moving. We were able to get a lot moved on Wednesday just the two of us! We weren't able to get any help that first day because of the changes in our close date. Thursday the kids came back home and we made little trips with my truck to try to get the rest of the small stuff. Friday we took it easy and I left Kelvin and the girls to unpacked boxes and wait on the Verizon man and paint my pantry as I took the little guy to his doctors appointment. Saturday we weren't home at all we had a birthday party to attend and it was nice to get away from boxes and unpacking. Sunday we hired a moving company to help move the last couple items that I couldn't help Kelvin move, we used them for 2 hours and it was so worth it! Monday we made a few trips to the stores and got some more trim, crown molding and the columns for the living room from Home Depot and the grocery store and Kelvin painted my laundry room. Tuesday we hung curtains in all the bedrooms and unpacked some more stuff, we also took a trip to the mall and bought some more things for the house. Today we hung all the ceiling fans and light fixtures in the rooms and finally unpacked all the boxes in the bedrooms and my new GE Café fridge was delivered.
There have been a few hiccups, we had a leak in our pantry due to who ever hung the shelves in the pantry screwing holes in the pipes coming from the master bath! We couldn't use the master bath for a few days but it is fixed now. Of course the leak was found after K painted the pantry my beautiful orange color so he now needs to do some touch ups in it. We have the plumber coming on Friday because we have no water pressure in the master bath, the water just trickles out, they are also going to look at the dishwasher because it makes an awful squealing noise and it sounds like its dying and its only 8 days old! Overall we are very happy and are settling in nicely.
It has been a long week we have been up till at least 2am every night and we are finally getting to the point where everything is coming together. Tomorrow we are taking a break and getting away from the house. I have someone coming in tomorrow to clean the house. The builder did an awful job and I see drywall dust everywhere. Its going to take her at least 4 hours, but I think its worth it to get it nice and clean to start with. We are totally exhausted and ache all over but its so worth it!!!
I will have a proper post with pictures tomorrow I cant wait to show you all the kids rooms and my beautiful crown molding, the trim guy is doing an amazing job, we also have him installing a custom built in bookshelf in the office.

http://img2.blogblog.com/img/icon18_edit_allbkg.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment