Monday, July 8, 2013

April 15, 2013

Steps & Interior Framing part 1

This evening I went by the house and the workers were still there working hard! They framed the garage doors.

 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EBuYpVnyrJo/UWy4KCANT2I/AAAAAAAAAcQ/QbwjyKRZ4nw/s320/DSC00478.JPG

 

 

Installed steps! I was able to go up to the 2nd floor finally. Of course I was alone tonight so I was a little nervous walking up those stairs but they did a great job installing them. They haven't installed the front steps but I was able to get upstairs that's all that mattered to me.

 



http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3NzNM49aEZs/UWy4XT6_vbI/AAAAAAAAAcw/hycpuy5G5ys/s320/DSC00479.JPG

 

 

Of course the room I had to see first was our Master, we have made so many custom changes that we are worried that things wont be the way we want them but so far it looks good but the area that needs the most changes hasn't been framed yet. So we just wait and see.

 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-89axx15nm58/UWy4QYCfVUI/AAAAAAAAAcY/HYpUYAsY1vE/s320/DSC00496.JPG

 

And here is a shot looking downstairs!  

 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YekaBRDedz8/UWy4V4dYwMI/AAAAAAAAAco/UqsA1HgVH7I/s320/DSC00500.JPG

 

 

In morning room window related updates... Our SR called this afternoon and informed us that the head guys from the main office were at the site to look at the morning room and to see what they could do about the window. Well according to them nothing can be done and they are still saying that it has to do with structural supports and codes and that the county is the one not allowing them to install our 4th window! After about 4 phone calls back and forth they still wont move! They are saying the only way they can add the window is if we get something from the county in writing stating that the window can be installed. So it looks like I am headed to the county tomorrow to get something in writing. We are so mad right now and now I get to go to the county and do the work for them! I am pretty sure I am paying them to build my house not the other way around! They did agree to install all 6 windows in the Solarium because unlike the morning room it isn't carrying the weight of a room above it. So I guess you can say it wasn't all bad news today.

 

Also sorry for the dark pictures it was almost 8pm when I took them after the workers left, 

No comments:

Post a Comment