Thursday, July 18, 2013

30 Day update!

So I totally understand why everyone  starts to disappear once they close on their homes. There is just so much to do you barely have time to blink! Over the past month we have tried our hardest to make this home ours. We have our 30 day walk thru tomorrow and we have our list ready quite a few items on the list were on our walk thru list and still haven't been completed, so I added them to this list. So here is our list:
30 Day list
1. Fix grout in master shower and tub
2. Re stain railing very patchy looking.
3. Re Paint stair treads you can see stain under the paint.
4. Paint stain on carpet in catwalk. (pre close list)
5. Silicone on counter tops.
6. Back splash still needs to be installed. (pre close list)
7. Front door re painted.
8. re do trim @ basement window its broken.
9. Living room floor squeaks
10. Stairs make loud cracking noise.
11. Missing 4 screens (pre close list)
12. Add railing to rear stairs (pre close list)

Other then making our list we have been busy making this house a home. The hardest task we have accomplished so far was replacing our foyer chandelier and hanging the ceiling fan in the family room. This involved renting 12 foot scaffolding from HD!!! It was truly an adventure I have no pictures of my husband on it because I was to busy praying that he didn't kill himself. In the end I think it was totally worth the $42.00 to rent it instead of paying almost $200.00 to hire someone.

Another task that I am so happy about and saved us so much money is we have started changing out all the hinges and door knobs from brushed nickel to oil rubbed bronze. When we priced this out it would cost us about 410.00 for the knobs and 200.00 for the hinges. Because I feel that spray paint is your best friend :) I bought 2 bottles of spray paint for $15.00 and had K spray them all! They look amazing and you cant tell the difference at all!! Saved us $595.00!!!!!

We have started to finally hang pictures on the walls as well but we still have a ways to go in that area. The trim guys is still working hard he comes by on the weekends and gets a few hours in, I don't mind how long its taking because it looks great! And K did a great job doing the front flowerbeds they look amazing!



New Furniture my birthday presents!

New Furniture and vase from Home Goods my 2nd home :)

Furniture in Family room Look wall art ;)

Ceiling Fan!!!
 
Wall art in Morning room

Foyer Chandelier

Trim work!!

More Trim

More trim

Crown Molding in Living room

Crown in Upstairs hallway

Flower beds

Flower beds
Door Knob


ORB knob and hinges for pennies!


15 comments:

  1. Looks great! Those couches look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks they are I fall asleep on them every night!

      Delete
  2. WOW! I'm soooo impressed! I'm totally gonna to the door knob paint. And the foyer chandelier looks very pretty. LOVE LOVE LOVE your furniture!

    Looks like you already started with your garden, that's awesome...as I said I'm Impressed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you should try it, it was so easy

      Delete
  3. I remember posting about the spray, I was afraid it wouldnt look good but I'm glad it turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks really good! Good luck with the meeting I am going to stalk your house now since you've seen mine LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Anytime stop on by I would love to have you over.

      Delete
  5. great job, love the trim in the foyer/staircase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought about spray paint! What brand did you use?

    Just started our blog...
    http://oakmontatmajestichills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trims/molding in the stair wall is nice.
    They had that in our model home but was told they don't offer it.
    Weird that you have it in yours.

    We paid for the top trim package but no trims/molding by the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the trim work! I absolutely love the idea for the ORB fixtures. That was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally love your package! I believe so much in paint and trim, they change the look of a house completely. I wish I knew ur builder and model but I understand ur not being to give out that Infos anymore. Nice work people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so beautiful! The house gorgeous and massive! I love the kitchen and the master bath. You chose fabulous options. I especially like the oil rubbed shower door. It is truly a dream home. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete